Well todays recipe is short and definitely sweet enough ruin a few of your teeth. As you guys know by now sweet/salty is my to die for flavor combination and these brownies just knock it out of the ballpark. Just when you think your little box brownie mix has seen it all we throw in sweet gooey caramel, salty crunchy pretzels and rich fudgey chocolate chips. Now I am all for making things from scratch, but its Sunday and I lazy so boxed brownie mix was just fine with me, if your feeling fancy-fied then you just go right on and make them from scratch brownies, but I doubt anyone will really notice. So here’s to making the start of the work week a bit sweeter…
caramel pretzel brownies
11 oz bag caramel squares – unwrap half of the bag
1 box brownie mix – prepare mix according to package directions
2 C pretzels – crushed
1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
– begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees.
– grease your baking dish with cooking spray. (I used a 9×9 square baking dish)
– using a clean bowl prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
– using your hands crush 3 large handfuls of pretzels into the bottom of the greased baking dish.
– pour brownie batter on top of pretzels.
– now scatter caramel cubs on top of batter and crush one more large handful of pretzels on top. last sprinkle on 1/2 of chocolate chips.
– bake for 25 minutes, until brownies appear set. let cool 30 minutes for serving. and of course enjoy…